Sign UP

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

On a recent trip around the internet...

You know how that happens, right? You start off in your email and then a link takes you to a blog and then that blog takes you to Pinterest and then Pinterest takes you to another blog and then...well, you know how it goes!

So...on a recent trip around the internet, I discovered a new challenge blog called the Global Design Project. They're on week #11, but I decided to go back to week #1 for the colours I used on today's card. The colours were: Smoky Slate, So Saffron and Pink Pirouette.


So Saffron and Pink Pirouette always make me think of baby cards, so that's the direction I took. How to incorporate Smoky Slate though? Stamp it off, of course! You can *barely* see it behind the sentiment on the tag (I stamped off twice) and on the hangers (I stamped off once). It's soft and muted and goes perfectly with the other two colours!

I started off with a So Saffron base and added a layer of Very Vanilla. Then I cut a piece of Pink Pirouette and ran it through the Big Shot using the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, which you'll be pleased to know is NOT retiring from the Holiday Catalogue and is in fact featured on pages 8-9 of the Occasions Catalogue.

The label on the front started out being a Christmas tag for my upcoming class on Dec. 5th, but I just didn't like the way it was coming together...so I repurposed it and am THRILLED with the result! The corners and ribbon slots were punched with the Curvy Trio Corner Punch, which will also be returning in the Occasions Catalogue.

I stamped the little onesies in So Saffron and Pink Pirouette and cut them (along with the hangers) using the matching die set and my Big Shot. You can purchase the Baby Bundle HERE and save 15% through our bundle and save opportunity.

You can check out the rest of the crew here.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Something for Baby. Petite Pairs
INK: Smoky Slate, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, So Saffron and Pink Pirouette Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Dies, Punch, Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!