Sign UP

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lady Kristin's Sketch

This card is teeny tiny! It's only 3 X 3 and it's a variation on Lady Kristin's Sketch, which you can find here. It seems that my sketch challenge was quite the...ummm...challenge - LOL! Kristin had a bit of an issue with her sketch working the way she wanted it to and let us know in her post that the red stripe was supposed to go all the way across the card. I decided it should be ribbon, so that's what I used!
While I had my upline's Sage Shadow ink in my possession, I decided to make use of it, so I stamped off the center flower on scrap paper first and then stamped it on Whisper White Cardstock. I then stamped the flower outline at full strength over the center flower. I punched the flower out using my 1 1/4" circle punch and then matted it on a piece of Pale Plum punched with my Scallop Square Punch. The main image panel is popped up on dimensionals for added interest.

The card base is a 6 X 3" piece of Pale Plum folded in half and the next layer is a 2 3/4" square piece around which I wrapped a piece of 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon before adhering it to the front of the card.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Simply Said
INK: Sage Shadow and Pretty In Pink (used for edges of circle)
PAPER: Whisper White, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Ribbon, Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

7 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great take on Kristin's sketch! This is the perfect sized card for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty note card, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS perfect!

    YES...VERY challenging...but we are getting there! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its a great sketch. Then again its not something I was challenged with so its easy for me to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this WAS a huge challenge (for me!!) but you did a fab job on it. i love this card!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!