Sign UP

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's that time of year again!

The kids are finishing up school. With just one more week to go, I knew I had to get my butt in gear and get some gifts made! Becky Roberts to the rescue!!! If you haven't seen her blog, you have to check it out! She has the most amazing tutorials and they are reasonably priced. I just love her work!!!

This year, the teachers will be receiving Becky's Purse-onally Perfect cards and purse:
This purse uses retired product. I'm trying to use it up to make room for the new stuff!!! I used the Floral Fusion Sizzlet to add the flower to the flap of the small front pocket.

I created the purse using Kiwi Kiss Cardstock as well as Bella Rose and Raspberry Tart DSP. The cards are also made from Kiwi Kiss Cardstock and also use Bella Rose and Raspberry Tart DSP. I used the new Level 1 Hostess Set which will be available with a qualifying purchase on July 1st when the new Idea Book and Catalog launches. The set is called Because I Care.

I inked up the image with Kiwi Kiss and Pink Pirouette Inks. Then I used my Ruby Red marker to add some red to the floral image. I used a sponge and Riding Hood Red ink to add a bit of colour to the edges of the image panel.

The sentiments on the front of the card are from the Watercolour Trio stamp set which is available in the Summer Mini (in both clear and wood mount). Because I misplaced my Riding Hood Red Stampin' Spot, I used my Ruby Red Marker and coloured directly on the sentiment before stamping it on Whisper White Cardstock and punching it out with my large oval punch. The sentiment was matted on a piece of Riding Hood Red Cardstock punched with my scallop oval and then adhered to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Because I Care, Watercolour Trio
INKS: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss
PAPERS: Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss and Riding Hood Red Cardstock; Bella Rose and Raspberry Tart DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot, Brads

Happy Stampin'!

9 comments:

  1. So lovely! Love the purse and the cards that fit in it! What a great gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea Christyne... I love it:-)

    Might have to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea for teachers gifts. I love how you inked up the hydrangea, it looks very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great gift idea. And I love all those colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love, love, love it! I must make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of these hydrangeas - can you post a close up of the card - they look "delish"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, how pretty. I bet they love seeing you at school, those are awesome gifts.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy girl...lucky teachers...I have enjoyed heaps...catching up with your blog Chris....beautiful work...as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!