Sign UP

Friday, July 9, 2010

Post # 250 - Glitz and Glam + BLOG CANDY!

See the post at the top of the blog, for BLOG CANDY information!!!

So...as I was surfing around earlier this week, I came across Gretchen Barron's Punched Posies cards and fell in love with them. And then the next day, Claudia posted challenge # 100 over on SUDSOL (check it out in my sidebar!) with some bright and cheery summer colours. And then, my friend Paola started harassing me asking me nicely to join her Glitz and Glam swap. Are you seeing this whole snowball effect here? And...since I was coming up on post 250 (how did THAT happen?), I figured, "WHY NOT?" and went to town!

So, this is the card I made (inspired by Gretchen!):
You can't really see it in the pic, but I used Shimmery White cardstock on which to stamp. I love making One Sheet Wonders (OSW), because even if you use the same stamps and the same colours to make two different sheets, they won't look the same. No two are alike - kind of like snowflakes!

So, after stamping the OSW, I cut it into 4 pieces measuring 4 1/4" X 5 1/2". Then, I took 3 of those pieces and cut them in half so they would measure 2 1/8" X 5 1/2". Normally, I would make all different cuts to my OSW, but because I was using it for a swap, I wanted them to be the same.

I adhered the OSW strips to the card base of Tempting Turquoise and added a strip of Melon Mambo ribbon (retired) to the right side of it.

The sentiment was also stamped on Shimmery White Cardstock and I did so using Tempting Turquoise ink (one of my new FAVE colours!). It was matted on a piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock and adhered to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

The finishing touch was the two rhinestones at the top left of the card.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Punched Posies
INKS: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise
PAPERS: Shimmery White, Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

  1. So fun and bright! Lovely summery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is frustrating when all the pretty shiny stuff does not scan or photo...We miss so much because of it...pretty card from what I CAN see though!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!