Sign UP

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pals Paper Arts Colour Challenge

I know, I know...last minute again!  With just a couple hours to spare I decided to participate in the Pals Paper Arts Colour Challenge.  It was a doozy, let me tell you.  Riding Hood Red, Rich Razzleberry and Certainly Celery - HUH?

I decided to use Riding Hood Red as the accent colour and that seemed to do the job.  Here's the card front:

I started with a Certainly Celery base and then used some of the new First Edition DSP from the Occasions Mini.  I LOVE this stuff!  You get 24 sheets in a package and it's ALL double-sided!

Now, normally with this colour combination, I would use Whisper White.  However, because of the Very Vanilla in the First Edition DSP, I went with Vanilla for my main image panel. Because I was using Very Vanilla instead of Whisper White, I did a LOT of sponging.  I find that sometimes Very Vanilla goes with certain colours and Whisper White goes with others.

Anyway...enough rambling - LOL!

Here's the inside of the card:
 I sponged around the Very Vanilla Cardstock with Certainly Celery Ink and did the same around the First Edition DSP. I stamped another image from the Thanks for Caring set in  Rich Razzleberry.

I used the sentiment from the same set and OF COURSE stamped it crooked, so had to improvise just a little - LOL!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Thanks for Caring
INK: Certainly Celery, Rich Razzleberry, Riding Hood Red
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery and Rich Razzleberry Cardstock; First Edition DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Sponge Daubers

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!