Sign UP

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Watercolour Wednesday - Back to the Well

When I first saw the Countryside Stamp Set, it made me think of my Grampy and his farm. This card, reminds me of his truck. At least I think he had a truck...probably not in his later years, but I'm pretty sure I've heard stories about riding in his truck as a little girl.  In my imagination, his truck looks just like that.

I KNOW he had a well...the whole house was on well water and it was COLD! My sister and I used to "swim" in old wash basins when we were little and Grampy would fill them up for us.  BRRR!!!  My Dad used to go into the house and sneak out some warm water for us so it wouldn't be so cold.

I KNOW the well wasn't the pump variety shown in this ATC:


but it still reminds me of him. If I close my eyes and imagine he did have a pump, I can see him at it, getting water to water his big garden.  I can see him carrying the bucket out to the garden. I can see Kimmy (his dog) following along behind him.

In his later years, he didn't garden so much, but the picture I see is the way I saw him as a little girl.

He passed away 25 years ago this April and I still miss him.  I wish he could be here to see his grandchildren...I wish he could have been at my wedding...I wish...well...I wish a lot of things.

I hope you like my ATC.  Tomorrow will be SUPER busy (especially since it's the LAST day to order for SAB), so I won't be able to update.  Come back on Friday though, and I'll show you how I turned my ATC into a card.


STAMPS: Countryside, Clearly for You
INK: Staz-ON
PAPERS: Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery and Marina Mist Cardstock; Elegant Soiree DSP; Watercolour Paper
ACCESSORIES: Word Window Punch, Metallic Brads

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ATC! The coloring is perfect. I enjoyed your story about the cold well water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! Love your coloring too. TFS your ATC and your story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!