Sign UP

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Sketch on Mother's Day

The first thing I have to tell you is that this ISN'T my sketch. At some point I'll like to get back to doing my Sunny Sunday Sketch series, but right now that doesn't seem feasible - there is just TOO much going on!

The sketch I used for today's card is from i{heart}2stamp:


And here's my card based on it:


Design Details:

  • I started off with a black card base onto which I adhered a layer of Very Vanilla Cardstock (4 1/8" x 5 3/8") and a layer of Love Notes Designer Series Paper (4" x 5 1/4").
  • I continued adding layers based on the sketch and added a strip of cardstock as well.
  • For my circle detail, I used both of the swirly images from Priceless and stamped them in Riding Hood Red and Basic Black Classic Inks.
  • My butterfly was stamped three times in Riding Hood Red and then hand cut before being adhered to the front of the card using both glue dots and Stampin' Dimensionals. You can see the technique using a different butterfly in this post.
  • I stamped the "So Kind" sentiment in Riding Hood Red onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and punched it out using the Large Oval Punch.  It was then adhered to a piece of Basic Black Cardstock punched using the Scallop Oval Punch. Of course, Stampin' Dimensionals were used to adhere it to the front of the card.
Here's a look at the inside of the card:

I repeated the butterfly here and sponged the edges of the Very Vanilla Cardstock with Riding Hood Red Ink.

And finally, a close up of the butterfly detail:


With special thanks to Diana Gibbs! I won't pretend that I'm an accomplished photographer, but I do know a thing or two about my camera.  I can use it (with some success) in aperture mode as well as shutter priority mode.  Why then did it NEVER occur to me to use "macro" when doing close ups?  It seems Diana had the same issue, so when I read on HER blog that one of her friends had suggested she use "macro", well...let's just say it was a "face-palm" moment. *sigh*

What do you think?

STAMPS: Priceless
INK: Basic Black and Riding Hood Red
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Riding Hood Red Cardstock; Love Notes DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals


Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!