Sign UP

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Watercolour Wednesday - With Images!

I'm back!  My apologies for leaving you hanging, but youngest DS had a dentist appointment this morning. Since it was raining, we had to leave pretty early and I didn't get a chance to upload my post for you.

Everything went well, his teeth are all shiny and we're ready for the afternoon!

So, today I'm sharing some "Sunny Fun" with you!  I just love, love, LOVE this new set in the Summer Mini and as a bonus...it's PERFECT for watercolouring - WOOT!

To start, here's a close up of the sentiment detail:


How perfect is THAT? Popsicles and ice cream treats with a sentiment that says, "That was so COOL of you"! Cute, cute, CUTE!!!

Next up is the ATC portion of the card:


I did have to cut off a portion of the treats to get the ATC size, but I think it still worked out pretty good. My watercolour paper is cut to 2 1/8" x 3 1/8" with my Tangerine Tango layer at 2 1/4" X 3 1/4" and Tempting Turquoise layer at 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" making it ATC size.

The full card:


I used a piece of Sweet and Sour Specialty Designer Paper.  I LOVE this stuff and hope, hope, HOPE that Stampin' UP! decides to leave in the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog coming out on July 1st. It's so bright and cheery! Plus, since it's "specialty" paper, one side of each and every sheet has some clear embossing on it.  Yep!  LOVE!!!

And, last but not least, a little piece of the inside of the card:


I simply stamped across the bottom of the piece of Whisper White, using the same image and Tangerine Tango Ink.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Sunny Fun
INK: Staz-On, Tangerine Tango
PAPERS: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango and Tempting Turquoise Cardstock; Sweet and Sour Specialty DSP; Watercolour Paper
ACCESSORIES: Watercolour Crayons, Aqua Painters, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

P.S. If you've read this far, I have a little secret about this card!  If you can figure out what it is, leave me a comment! Of the CORRECT answers, I'll draw a name and that person will win this:


I'll leave the contest open until my NEXT Watercolour Wednesday post on May 25th.  GOOD LUCK!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Is the secret on the brown popcycle? My guess is crystal effects was used. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the secret that you applied the sentiment banner style?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!