Sign UP

Friday, July 1, 2011

Flashback Friday!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

NEW CATALOG YEAR THAT IS!

I'll have more information for you all about the new catalog tomorrow.  For today, you won't be able to order ANYTHING until after 12 noon MST, that's 2 p.m. EST as Stampin' UP! will be updating the online ordering system.

For today, enjoy Flashback Friday and come back for another visit tomorrow - I can't wait to "see" you!


Welcome back to another Flashback Friday! My apologies for last week's absence, but the kids were less than a week from being out of school and things got just a little hectic!

Let's get started, shall we??


Sketch # 13:

For this card, I used the retiring Cheep Talk (sad face) and some NEW paper (happy face!) from the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog, called Just Add Cake! I'll "just be adding" a couple more packs to my first July order since I've already used up a lot of the first of the two packs I ordered on my pre-order. YIKES!

I also used Calypso Coral (paper and ink) and Poppy Parade (ink).

Sketch 14:

This one also features Cheep Talk. I used quite a bit of liberty with this sketch, but the spirit of it is still there - LOL!

I used Early Espresso Ink to stamp the bird, but before I stamped him, I used my blender pen to remove the ink on the beak and then coloured it using my Pumpkin Pie Marker.

This card uses the retiring (sad face) Sweet and Sour Specialty Designer Series Paper).

Sketch 15:

You saw this card here, so I won't got into all the details again.

Sketch 16:

This is the card I did this past Wednesday, so you can read all about it here.

Sketch 17:

This little set, Best of Everything is so darn cute! I love the whimsical look of the images. They sort of remind me of a quilt.

For the little tree image, I used my Chocolate Chip and Old Olive markers and used the direct to rubber technique (this is where you colour directly on the rubber using your markers, as opposed to stamping the image and then colouring on the paper).

I used Designer Series Paper from the Bright and Neutral Paper Stacks - LOVE these! Pieces of Designer Series Paper to match EVERY. SINGLE. COLOUR. Yep - LOVE!

I used the direct to rubber technique on the sentiment too. Then, I added some buttons for extra dimension.


Cute, yes? The buttons are Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry, despite the fact that the Rich Razzleberry looks more like a Rose Red.

Sketch 18:

This one I did for the Monday CAS challenge on SplitCoast Stampers. The challenge was to use Red, White and Black. I did have to add the yellow button for that extra little punch of colour!

Sketch 19:

Not gonna lie...I LOVE this set!! Snow much fun is right up my alley because if you ask anybody, they'll tell you about my love of snowmen!

Would you believe that this paper is from Pocketful of Posies? You wouldn't think of some of the paper in this pack as winter/Christmas paper, but some of it is just perfect!

More direct to rubber here and on the second snowball, I didn't colour the bird. If you look REALLY close, you can see the glitter on the snowballs!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Cheep Talk, Touch of Kindness, Little Friends, Best of Everything, Snow Much Fun
INK: Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Early Espresso, Rose Red, Staz-ON, Rich Razzleberry, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede
PAPERS: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Rose Red, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Pretty In Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Basic Black, Real Red and Soft Suede Cardstock; Just Add Cake, Sweet and Sour, Beyond the Garden, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry and Chocolate Chip Designer Series Paper; Watercolour Paper
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon, Punches, Brads, Buttons, Watercolour Crayons and Aqua Painters

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!