Sign UP

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's Wednesday! That must mean STAMPIN' QUEENS!

Good morning friends! This week's card is SPECIAL because it's actually going in the mail - LOL! Cristena's (THE Stampin' Queen) birthday is this week and one of our designers asked if we could make our cards this week as birthday cards for Cristena. No easy task I tell you as I am in FULL ON Christmas mode with still FOUR more Christmas classes to teach and THREE craft fairs in which to participate in the next 9 weeks - YIKES!

But, for Cristena, I took a break from Christmas and created this:


On the left hand side, I was going for the faux vellum technique. I'm not quite sure I mastered it, but I like the look. You can't REALLY see the stamp on the right as I used Pool Party and stamped off before stamping on the card. I used the "En Français" stamp (one of my FAVOURITE background stamps!)

For the focal image, I used the large flower from Array of Sunshine and stamped it three times, cutting out each "layer" and adhering them with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I'm still LOVING the Spice Cake Designer Series Paper so I had to use it - LOL! Just a small piece though...it's only available till January 3rd, so I plan on ordering more and HOARDING IT!!!

The sentiment was stamped using Island Indigo.

I added a ribbon down the left hand side, like in the sketch:


What do you think?

STAMPS: Bring on the Cake, Array of Sunshine (Hostess Set), En Français
INK: Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Island Indigo
PAPERS: Very Vanilla Cardstock and Spice Cake DSP
ACCESSORIES: Sponges, Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!