Sign UP

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Garden Green for the Stampin' Queens!

So...you know that song, "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas"? Well, I don't want a hippopotamus, I want a new camera!!! I don't even care if it's new to me (in fact, if Santa brings me one, I hope it's NOT new) as I would REALLY like a Canon 30D. It's a discontinued model, but I had the 20D (it was stolen) and this one is a step up. You can get them used for a fairly reasonable price.

WHY do I want a new camera? *sigh*

THIS:

is why I want a new camera. While I LOVE my iPhone (in fact, I just figured out to BLOG from it, which should be a BLAST at Leadership next month!), it SUCKS at taking pictures of my work. *sigh* On this one, I ended up with glare from the Whisper White AND the Basic Rhinestones. I want the rhinestones to sparkle, but this is ridiculous!

Anyway...I started off with a base of Garden Green. I want to call it a scrapling, but I'm not sure if it qualifies as scrapling size. It's 2 1/2 x 5". I have a LOT of pieces that are 2 1/2 x 11" because this past summer I made some 3 x 3" golf cards for a charity event. It was kind of short notice, so I didn't have time to order 12 x 12" cardstock. I had to trim down my 8 1/2 x 11" and ended up with the 2 1/2 x 11" pieces.

When I started making the card, I didn't really like the 5 1/2" size, so I trimmed it down to 5" and that made me happier.

I added a couple of layers...some Whisper White and Wild Wasabi Designer Series Paper. The labels were made using the Matchbox Die and I stamped the sentiment from Bring on the Cake in Wild Wasabi.

The card was based (kind of loosely - LOL!) on this sketch:


What do you think?

STAMPS: Bring on the Cake
INK: Wild Wasabi
PAPERS: Whisper White and Garden Green Cardstock; Wild Wasabi DSP
ACCESSORIES: Sponges (for the edges), Big Shot + Die, Baker's Twine, Basic Rhinestones and Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!