Sign UP

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bordering on Romance for the Stampin' Queens!

I'm in San Antonio - WOOT! - and scheduled this post to appear this morning. If the weather reports from last week are accurate, I'll be wearing CAPRIS and shades today!!!

It's the first day of leadership and today we're scheduled for Make and Takes at 2 p.m. This morning will be spent picking up our bags (I'll try and post a pic later!) and doing general swapping. I can't wait!!!

Anyway...since I'm actually posting this before I even GET to San Antonio, I guess I should just get on with the card, eh?


I started off with the idea that I wanted to use one of the new Framelits dies for my focal image and then went from there. Still in LOVE with Twitterpated, so I HAD to use some more of that paper. I chose a piece featuring Basic Grey because I had already coloured my image using Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo. The pink/red colours in the paper pack are actually Blushing Bride and Riding Hood Red.

Here's my colour combo:



Don't you just LOVE it! So bright and cheery! Just like me in the San Antonio sun...sorry...sidetracked again!

Today's card is based on this sketch:


I chose not to add the ribbons for a clean and simple look.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Bordering on Romance
INK: Staz-ON
PAPERS: Pink Pirouette and Melon Mambo Cardstock; Twitterpated DSP; Watercolour Paper
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot Baby!, Framelits, Watercolour Crayons, Aqua Painters, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. Have a safe trip! I will be an hour late for the make and take...but I will be there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!