Sign UP

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Above and Beyond for the Crew!

October was an INSANELY busy month and my Crew Creations came down to the wire!

My hubby was away a couple of weeks ago for business and he forgot to call me at breakfast like he said he would. I was feeling pretty unimportant and started getting upset/angry about the whole thing, so in order to turn my mood around, I decided to make him a card to remind myself of just how awesome he really is. Sometimes...he just doesn't plan very well and ends up having to rush around in order to get ready on time...he tries his best.

So, here's his card:


He works SO hard and goes above and beyond doing everything he does so that I can stay home and stamp...oh, and raise the kids...yeah...that too. *grin*.

I started off with the colours in the Festival of Prints pack since that was our DSP focus for November. I have the pack of paper, but didn't want to go "Christmas", so just used the colours.

I stamped the larger images first and then the smaller ones, ending with the clock which was stamped using the stamp-a-majig and Early Espresso Ink. Trust me when I tell, there really is NO other way to get it lined up. REALLY.
  • Here's a Stamp-a-majig tip for you: When you have a set you know you're going to use A LOT (or exclusively) with the Stamp-a-majig, order it in WOOD (trust me!) and stamp the images onto a window sheet using Staz-ON. Keep the window sheet with the stamp set and it'll always be ready to go! You can't do this with a clear set unless you're planning on permanently adhering the image to the block, because otherwise, it'll ALWAYS be in a different spot.
The sentiment was also stamped using Early Espresso. And of course, there's mush on the inside, but you don't get to see that. :)

What do you think?

STAMPS: Clockworks, One in a Million
INK: Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Crumb Cake
PAPERS: Very Vanilla and Early Espresso Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Stamp-a-majig

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours! Very nice card. I just wish I weren't stamp-a-majig challenged! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!