Sign UP

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Knit One, Purl Two

Alternate working title: Where has Christyne been?? (stick with me...there's a card coming further down).


Just before Christmas, I started knitting again. I haven't picked up knitting needles since I was pregnant with my youngest TEN YEARS AGO! While I was pregnant with Jonathan, something removed the ability to read a knitting pattern from my brain. Maybe it was "Mommy-Brain" or "Pregnancy-Brain" or something else altogether. I just knew I couldn't do it!

My girlfriend said I should try knitting those popular ruffle scarves because they were REALLY easy. So I gave it a shot and found I could do it - YAY!

Not one to stop there (pretty sure I have an addictive personality), I decided that I would try knitting SOCKS!! I figured if I could knit socks, I could pretty much knit anything. Keep in mind that I have NEVER, EVER knit ANYTHING in the round. I'd used circular knitting needles to hold lots of stitches when knitting blankets, but I was still knitting back and forth.


I channeled my dear Aunt Margie and went to work. The pair at the top of this post is the first pair I knit. It doesn't have heels, so it was pretty easy to do. Since then...I've been knitting...in the round...ALL. THE. TIME. If it can be knit on circular needles of double-pointed needles, I'm all over it. Socks, hats, cowls...my favourites though, are the socks. I think I've knit about eight pair. I may never buy socks again!


Here's the start of a cowl pattern. It's finished now and I LOVE IT!!

I haven't been doing much stamping because I can't put down the needles! Today is Utah Divas International Colour Challenge day though and I just happened to have a card ready to go! I cheated a bit and used some blue, but that the only "extra" colour.


Today's colours were Whisper White (I chose Very Vanilla for my Neutral), Pretty in Pink, Rose Red and So Saffron. The papers from Tea for Two in the Occasions Catalogue were just a PERFECT match!

This card is one we'll be doing in my "Oh, Baby!" class on March 9th, 2013. I still have space left in both the morning AND afternoon classes and I'd LOVE to have you. The class is just $25 and we'll be making at least six cards!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Sassy Salutations
INK: Pretty in Pink
PAPERS: Very Vanilla and So Saffron Cardstock; Tea for Two DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punch, Markers, Button, Baker's Twine

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

  1. Love to see the socks! That cowl looks awesome! Love the pattern! Looking forward to class next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need a sock pattern specifically for circular pins.I have all my Mums circular needles sadly she is no longer with so I can't ask for advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry forgot to leave my name with my query.Isabella

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!