Sign UP

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Carbs, Schmarbs!


When I first saw the Yippee Skippee Stamp Set in the 2013-2014, I just KNEW I had to have it - just because of this very sentiment!

Who cares about carbs? Especially on your birthday!!!


For this card, I started off with a base of Baked Brown Sugar (doesn't that just sound awesome?) and added layers of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock and Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper.

I stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla and cut it out using the Chalk Talk Dies and the Big Shot. The cake was stamped on Very Vanilla with Basic Grey and then coloured in with markers, using colours in the Designer Series Paper.

I added some Summer Starfruit ribbon and Very Vintage Designer Button tied with Baker's Twine from the Tag a Bag Accessory Kit (the twine is Crushed Curry - close enough, right?)

The finishing touch is Dazzling Details on the candle flame.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Yippee Skippee and Sketched Birthday
INK: Basic Grey and Cherry Cobbler
PAPERS: Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla Cardstock; Birthday Basics DSP
ACCESSORIES: Chalk Talk Framelits, Big Shot, Ribbon, Button, Baker's Twine, Markers, Dazzling Details, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. Question...did you only use paper with food names for the cake card on purpose?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!