Sign UP

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Poppies for the Crew!


It's Wednesday again (happens every week - LOL!) so that means it's Paper Crafts Crew day! You can see my card below and check out the rest of the crew HERE.

I'm taking a break from "Tag IT!" today to show you some poppies, but don't worry...Tag IT will be back tomorrow! 


Today, my poppies are BLUE! Well...Coastal Cabana to be precise. I'm pretty sure Coastal Cabana Poppies don't exist, but hey, it's my stamp space and I can make ANYTHING happen! :)


My card is square, so I started off with a 10 1/2" x 5 1/4" piece of Coastal Cabana Cardstock and added a layer of Afternoon Picnic Designer Series Paper.

I stamped and cut my poppies on Whisper White Cardstock (yes, I know the "base" colour of Afternoon Picnic is Very Vanilla - OOPS!) and added them in layers (with Stampin' Dimensionals) to another layer of Coastal Cabana Cardstock.


I embellished the card with Bermuda Bay 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon and Basic Pearls.


I had a few extra poppies in circles, so I added one to the inside for the finishing touch.

As you can see from the sketch below, I took a few liberties...


What do you think?

STAMPS: Pleasant Poppies
INK: Staz-On
PAPERS: Whisper White, Very Vanilla and Coastal Cabana Cardstock; Afternoon Picnic DSP
ACCESSORIES: Bermuda Bay 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Watercolour Pens, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!