Sign UP

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Trust the Paper - a MOJO Monday Sketch

Have you ever looked a colour combination and thought "What the heck were they thinking?"


Every once in a while, it happens to me. You would think I would have learned by now...I mean, Stampin' UP! is celebrating their 25th anniversary this year. It would seem they might know just a thing or two about colour.

And yet, when I decided to stamp a card for the MOJO Monday sketch (you're shocked and amazed, I know), I questioned the colour. Island Indigo with Crisp Cantaloupe? They're not even in the same colour family! But, there they were, happily co-existing on a sheet of Venetian Romance Designer Series Paper.


I had a few strips of Island Indigo Cardstock on my work space from some cards we made at class over the weekend, so I was looking to use some of that rather than have to put it away - LOL! That's where the idea for the Venetian Romance Designer Series Paper came in, because I knew it had some Island Indigo in it. I was trying to figure out what else to do so I looked up the paper in the 2013-2014 Catalogue and that's when I saw the Crisp Cantaloupe. I thought it was weird, but decided to give it a try. And that's where the "trust the paper" came in. Seriously. Stampin' UP! has been doing this for 25 years, so you know that if they put it together in the same pack of Designer Series Paper, it's going to work.

And of course, it did!!


Check out the layers on that coffee cup!! Yes, they're all fussy cut. If I'm going to make a comeback to the blogging world, I may as well do it right! I stamped the cup twice and then the lid once. I cut them all out and stacked them up on Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I stamped the cup again on some Designer Series Paper to make the little "sleeve".

What do you think?


STAMPS: Perfect Blend
INK: Soft Suede
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Crisp Cantaloupe and Island Indigo Cardstock; Venetian Romance DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Circle Framelits, Sponges (for inking the edges), Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals


Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful - love the color combo and that sentiment is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!