Sign UP

Friday, January 10, 2014

Fishy Friday - Hello

Hello from Houston!!!

I started this post AGES ago, but I thought I should chime in from Houston while attending Leadership.

I'm enjoying Leadership for the fourth year in a row and for the second year as a Counselor which means I got to attend Manager's Reception which was held at the Downtown Aquarium. A perfect tie in, don't you think? It IS Fishy Friday after all!

And today, my little fishies are saying HELLO!


When I saw this DSP in the Retro Fresh pack, my first thought was "bathroom tiles" and so I knew I had to use Crystal Effects to make it look just like the tiles you would see in a bathroom. Can you imagine if the tiles in YOUR bathroom were this colour? What a bright, cheerful and fun bathroom that would be!


My card base is Crumb Cake and my next layer is Coastal Cabana. My "bathroom tile" paper is, of course, from the Retro Fresh DSP pack. I added a second smaller layer of Coastal Cabana Paper and "bathroom tile" paper to the right hand side of the card, and then added my fishies on Stampin' Dimensionals.

My little "hello" banner was stamped on Very Vanilla Cardstock using Baked Brown Sugar Ink. I love making my fishies "say" things - LOL!

The toothpick was adhered behind the fish bowl and the banner using Mono Multi Glue.


The inside of the card was finished with some more Coast Cabana Cardstock and Retro Fresh DSP. The layer of Very Vanilla was doodled with Tangerine Tango Marker.

What do you think?


STAMPS: Fishin' Around, Perfect Pennants
INK: Black Staz-ON, Baked Brown Sugar
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Bermuda Bay and Crumb Cake Cardstock; Retro Fresh DSP; Watercolour Paper
ACCESSORIES: Watercolour Pens, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue, Basic Rhinestones, Crystal Effects, Stampin' Dimensionals, Toothpick


Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!