Sign UP

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Flowers for the Divas

What's your motivation? What keeps you going when you just don't feel like doing something you know you SHOULD be doing?

We're told (as direct sellers) that the motivation for what we're doing should be SO big that even if we feel like "phoning it in", we won't. For a while, I had that down. My motivation. It was huge and I wanted it...until I didn't.

I'm a firm believer in the "fake it till you make it" philosophy. Smile enough and EVENTUALLY you'll internalize it and be smiling on the inside too. Wear capris and EVENTUALLY spring will get here. FINALLY!!! (True story...I've been wearing capris since mid March - even if only inside)

Maybe it's the long winter, maybe my motivation isn't what I thought it was. Maybe I'm just in a rut. Who knows.

But, I'm going to fake it till I make it and internalize some "happy place" thoughts till I get this thing back on track. It's not that I don't like stamping, I do. Something happened and it started feeling like "work". If I could pinpoint what happened, I'd go back to that time and undo it. Since that's not possible, I'll just carry on and see where it takes me. I still very much enjoy stamping...I just need to figure out how to make it NOT feel like work.

So...to that end, I'm sharing a card I ENJOYED making today! It's for the Utah Divas Colour Challenge and it just screams spring!


Our colours this week were:
  • Crisp Cantaloupe
  • Pear Pizzazz
  • Calypso Coral
  • So Saffron
I was trying to get a terra cotta look on the vases. Do you think I succeeded? I did all the colouring with my blender pens and ink squished into the ink pad lid. If you haven't seen the technique, you should come to one of my classes as we use it fairly often.

I thought this card would make a good "get well soon" card, so I stamped "better get better" from A Dozen Thoughts (which, thank goodness, is NOT retiring - PHEW!).

What do you think?

STAMPS: Vivid Vases, A Dozen Thoughts
INK: Soft Suede, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz, Crisp Cantaloupe and So Saffron Cardstock; Gingham Garden DSP
ACCESSORIES: Blender Pens, Paper Piercing Accessories, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!


1 comment:

  1. We'll blame it on the winter! :) Cute card! I do like your terra cotta look! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!