Sign UP

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Today is a sad day

As I was creating today's totally adorable tag, I was suddenly saddened by the fact that it would never get used. :(

Why is that? Because this year, our youngest son is in grade 6. He's in middle school and middle school kids don't hand out Halloween candy. Last year was the last year that I could be "that mom". You know, the one that makes the hand made tags? And the one that packages the chocolates in clear bags so everyone can see? Yeah...I was "that mom" and now those days are over. So, that's why I'm sad.

But, maybe YOUR kids are still little enough to hand out Halloween candy and if they are and you decide to CASE my little tag, THAT would make me happy! :)




This little tag was SO quick and easy to create. The stamp set, Merry Everything, comes with a coordinating punch, so I just stamped it and punched it out. Then I added a layer of So Saffron Cardstock behind it which I hand cut. You could also hand cut the tag itself using the outline as a guide and then punch out your layer using the punch. Buy the bundle and save 15%!

The cello bags I used are just perfect for holding a couple of fun sized chocolate. They're retired and no longer available, but we have a selection of bags from which you can choose here:
I did these up with Kit Kat bars for my class in September and everyone was THRILLED!

I tied the Tangelo Twist Ribbon around the bag and then attached the tag with a length of Linen Thread.

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the divas have been up to here.


What do you think?

STAMPS: Merry Everything
INK: Garden Green
PAPERS: Whisper White and So Saffron Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Cello Bag, Punch, Ribbon, Linen Thread

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!