Sign UP

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Down by the Bay.......

Well...technically, we're not anywhere near a bay, but we're not TOO far away from the Mediterranean as we vacation in Lyon, France this week - at least we're closer than when we're in Paris - LOL! Our theme over at the Paper Crafts Crew Blog this week is a tic-tac-toe board and I chose: water, staples and....seashells.


...which is why I wanted to stick with a water theme for my post title. :)

And, yes. I know those don't form a straight line...but I designed this card last week while I was preparing to go on vacation (I'm in Lyon, France) and my brain was not cooperating. Also...technically, they're not seashells, they're starfish, but I'm going with it. Indulge me.

Last week, one of my friends and former downline welcomed a little baby boy to the world and he is SO cute! I knew I wanted to make a card and this week's challenge seemed perfect...you know...until I couldn't make it work the way I wanted it to.

At any rate, here's the card:


I started off with a base of Very Vanilla and added layers of Dapper Denim and By The Shore DSP.

I cut waves using the Swirly Scribbles dies from Dapper Denim and Mint Macaron and added them to the front of the card - thank goodness for the Fine Tip Glue Pen!

Then I stamped and cut out the three pieces for the little sail boat - SO CUTE!!


This little sail boat just makes me smile every time I stamp/cut it out. You can stamp it in just about any colour and it will always be ADORABLE!

And the finishing touch was the sentiment "Hello Handsome" from the Happy Happenings Stamp Set, stamped in Dapper Denim.


And there's that staple - LOL!

This card is on its way to my friend Kristen and her husband who just had an adorable baby boy!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Swirly Bird, Happy Happenings
INK: Dapper Denim, Soft Sky, Calypso Coral
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Dapper Denim and Mint Macaron Cardstock; By The Shore DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Dies, Stapler, Stampin' Dimensionals, Fine Tip Glue Pen

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!