Sign UP

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

You've got a friend in me...


C'mon! Admit it! I know you sang along with the title of this post. I get it - how could you not? Toy Story is a CLASSIC! It's still one of my all time favourites.

Today's card features Bella and her little turtle friend!

I cleaned up my workspace the other day and put all my ink pads away after planning my class for this coming weekend - WOW! I had made a MESS! It feels good to get back to a clean desk where I can get things DONE.

After I cleaned up my desk, I set about stamping the card for this week's sketch:


When I saw the sketch, I decided that Bella and her little turtle friend would be PERFECT! Plus, I've got a friend going through a difficult time right now and I wanted to create a special card for her. :)

So, here's what I came up with:


My base is Smoky Slate with a layer of Smoky Slate DSP from the Neutrals Paper Stack - these are GREAT value for money! You get 40 sheets - 2 each of 2 different designs (both of which are double sided!) in TEN colours and the cost is only $29 - that's less than 75 cents sheet! :)

At the top of the card, I stamped Bella and her little turtle friend in Basic Black Archival Ink and used my Aqua Painter to colour in the image. I stamped on Whisper White Cardstock - if you do this, be careful to not use too much water or your paper will start to bubble and pill. If you'd like to REALLY saturate your image, try using our Watercolour Paper instead.

I layered a piece of Soft Sky Cardstock under the image panel and adhered it to the front of the card.

Next, I wrapped a small bit of Whisper White Bakers Twine around my fingers and added that under sentiment using glue dots on the ends. The bakers twine then gets held in place with the Stampin' Dimensionals under the sentiment strip. Pretty neat, eh?


Last but not least, no card is complete without a little BLING! Which reminds me...I'm running low on Basic Rhinestones! Better add those to my next order before I forget. ;)

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the crew has been up to HERE.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Bella & Friends
INK: Basic Black Archival Ink for stamping; Smoky Slate, Wild Wasabi, Calypso Coral and Soft Sky for colouring
PAPERS: Whisper White, Smoky Slate and Soft Sky Cardstock; Smoky Slate DSP
ACCESSORIES: Aqua Painter, Bakers Twine, Basic Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!