Sign UP

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Birthday Part 2! Except Not....

October has SO many birthdays in it in our family and two of them are celebrated in our house! But...this weeks sketch just SCREAMED Christmas at me, so the birthday card will have to wait till next week.

Here's the sketch:


I never did get around to making my son a birthday card - OOPS! But he had a GREAT birthday with his favourite meal (maple-glazed ham) and favourite dessert (chocolate roll cake) and he got all the things he asked for, so it all worked out. :)

The part of the sketch that screamed Christmas is the striped element on the left hand side. As soon as I saw it, all I could see was Christmas Washi tape!

So here's what I did:


This is a single layer card (ish) which means that there are no additional layers of Cardstock or Designer Series Paper beyond the base. This "ish" is because on a TRUE single layer card, I would have stamped the image directly on the base. Close enough, right??

The image in the circle is from Jar of Cheer and I stamped it in Basic Black Archival Ink and then coloured it in using my Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green markers. The sentiment is from Tin of Tags - you can get just the sentiment set or order the Tin of Tags Project Kit and have THIRTY tags for your gifts this year and then use the sentiments on your greeting cards as well. WIN-WIN!

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the crew have been up to HERE.


What do you think?

STAMPS: Jar of Cheer, Tin of Tags
INK: Basic Black Archival, Garden Green
PAPERS: Thick Whisper White and Whisper White Cardstock; Candy Cane Lane DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Dies, Washi Tape, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!