Sign UP

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

When you throw out the one piece you needed...

Well...that was a bit of a fail! Not totally and EPIC fail, but still...

Today's card was supposed to have a dragonfly on it, just like Monday's. But as I was tidying up after Monday's crafting mess, I must have accidentally thrown out the other dragonfly I created. *sigh*

So today's card took a different turn, but I LOVE the way it turned out!

Our sketch this week has a circle on it (just like Monday's card), so that's why I had the dragonfly in mind, but alas....

Here's the sketch:


And here's the card:


The Blooms and Bliss Designer Series Paper is STILL my all time favourite from the Annual Catalogue...but stay tuned! I have a NEW favourite in the Occasions Catalogue and I just know you're going to LOVE it too!!

For the card, I started off with a base of Soft Sky and added a layer of Mint Macaron. The next layer is a piece of Whisper White and a piece of Blooms & Bliss DSP and that got a ribbon wrap before being popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals and added to the front of the card.

The image sentiment panel is a colour washed piece of Watercolour Paper and I stamped on it using an image from the Better Together Stamp Set and Island Indigo Ink. I doodled around the outside edge with my Mint Macaron Marker and attached it to piece of Mint Macaron Cardstock which was diecut with the Layering Circles Framelits. The smaller circle is was created the same way.

Here's a close up of the button:


I know the button is retired (sorry!) but it was just too perfect to pass up! I tied some Whisper White Baker's Twine to it and attached with a glue dot.

And everyone knows that diamonds are a girls best friend, right? Guess what?? So are RHINESTONES!


I just love adding these things to just about ANY card! :)

And last but not least...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!


What do you think?

STAMPS: Better Together
INK: Island Indigo
PAPERS: Whisper White, Mint Macaron and Soft Sky Cardstock; Blooms & Bliss DSP; Watercolour Paper
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Layering Circles Framelits, Button (retired, sorry!), Bakers Twine, Basic Rhinestones, Markers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!