Sign UP

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Very Vintage

Where do you find your inspiration? Pinterest? Google? My blog? ;)

Recently, my friend Kim posted a vintage treatment she'd done on the cover of her Project Life Album, so I thought for this week's Paper Craft Crew, I'd give vintage a try!

To me, vintage means muted colours, sponging and I guess, "classic" - you know...like something that will never go out of style.

Here's what I came up with:


I started off with a base of Soft Sky (I know it looks like the old Bashful Blue, but I was down to the wire and dealing with minimal light - EEK!) and added layers of Very Vanilla and Sahara Sand. The Designer Series Paper is one that's now available in the Occasions Catalogue and may well replace my beloved Blooms & Bliss and favourite DSP for the remainder of the year!

My image (from Beautiful You) was stamped in Sahara Sand onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and cut out using the Circles Thinlits and my Big Shot.

I sponged EVERY layer (except the base), including the butterfly (which was cut from the same package of DSP) and assembled my card.

Then I finished the inside:


I used the sentiment from the Beautiful You stamp set here. I was going to use the sentiment on the front of the card, but it just didn't look right...so I made a quick change of plans and this is the result. I think it turned out great!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Beautiful You, Dragonfly Dreams
INK: Sahara Sand
PAPERS: Very Vanilla, Soft Sky and Sahara Sand Cardstock; Falling in Love DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Dies, Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!